Platform bed with arched headboard. The bed is custom made for you. Contact Us to request almost any change that you would like.
- The bed is 6″ longer and 6″ wider than a standard sized mattress
- Straight bed posts are standard with taper at bottom to 1″ by 1″ with 2.7″ x 2.7″ mid section plus adjustable bottoms for uneven floors
- The bed is a platform configuration for use without box springs
- The Queen and larger bed sizes have a center support under the slats that is shown in the third photo. The space between the slats is 1.5″.
- The height from the floor to the top of sides is 16″
- The height from the floor to the mattress bottom is 15″
- The height from the floor to the bottom of sides or ends is 8″
- The height of the top of the arched headboard above the floor is 46″
- The top of the headboard can be straight instead of arched. Request this option if needed at ordering time.
- The bed in the photos is made from Cherry with no stain and finished with Tung Oil.
No veneers or compressed particle boards are used. The wood that is not normally seen (such as for slats) is a different hardwood species.
Our standard finish is natural color finished with Tung Oil. This creates a beautiful, highly durable finish that brings out the natural character and unique grain patters of our hardwoods.
The bed is shipped in pieces that lay flat in the box. This enables better protection of the product and lower shipping costs. The assembly based on detailed instructions is performed by the buyer. This design is also helpful for people who move because it permits more compact shipping and storage.
Shipping costs are automatically calculated by your zip code in the 48 states and DC of the USA. A quote for shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada can be provided upon request.
Production and sale of this product helps the economy of Appalachia where jobs are scarce and people are skilled in working with natural materials.
Platform bed with arched headboard nbrsv02